The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

11:24 AM

I really enjoyed reading The Twilight Books a few years ago. Last night,  I grabbed my little sister (19 years old)  She grabbed me and off  we went to the midnight premiere! We took my step daughter (13) with us.  All of us have read the series.  And we lined up with the masses at 8pm on a *chilly* (50 degrees) California evening to wait for the clock to strike midnight.


***SPOIL ALERT! Stop reading here if you don't want to know what happens!!!!

So, there's a honeymoon scene. It was beautifully written and I love that sex is portrayed as God intended, in a covenant relationship of marriage. (Of course, in Twilight it's a Vampire & a mortal.) The same scene is in the movie. You can read the details of the film on this fantastic website: Kids In Mind.

I have to say, the movie crossed the line for what I feel is appropriate for my step-daughter. I think it should have been rated "R".  Although, she understood and knew what was happening, I feel like it was a little much for her.  Use discretion and keep the little ones at home for this one!

Overall, it was a great movie!!! I can't wait for Part 2!

Just in case you're wondering.... I'm Team Jacob! ; )

Veronica


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. great review, I agree with the rating...it was a little much but well done for the fans! so fun seeing you all what a nice surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely saw a different side to Bella! More like every side, and every angle. Lol. I can't wait for part two either!! Lil Renesme is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images