Obedience & Cookies

11:41 AM

Today is our first day of our Obedience Unit Study. Our vocabulary words:

Commandments
Authority
Submit
Institution
Obey
Government

Our memory verse: "Obey the voice of the Lord, your God" Jeremiah 26:13

It's a busy Monday morning. There are many lessons to cover in a short period of time. Early in the afternoon is our Keeper's Club Meeting where I am providing snack for 40 girls.

A friend gave me a recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes.


I can squeeze one more thing in, right? Not really! The other option is run by Target and purchase pre-made cookies. I love to cook and bake, but I have lessons to teach and I am responsible for child's education. So, Target cookies it is!


Here's why... Children learn obedience as modeled by their parents. By submitting to God's will, to authority and being in obedience to the law we live out obedience as an example to our kids.

I believe that home schooling is a calling.  That calling must be taken seriously. My daughter's entire education does not hinge on one or two missed lessons. My choice to buy cookies instead of bake does show her my obedience and diligence in doing what God has called me to do. Now, this may seem like an obvious choice to you. For me it was a huge victory. Hope you have a SUPER homeschooling day!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images