Memorial Day and a New Military Mom

11:23 AM

I've always had so much respect for our military men and women. I never imagined that we would be a military family. I married a chiropractor. I'm not sure what the stats are but I'm certain it ranks at the top of the list for safety! Our family practice is exactly 8 minutes from our home. My husband comes home for dinner every night. We often have time for breakfast together too as his day begins at 9am. I can easily pop over during lunch for a staff meeting or quick lunch. I'm just not military, law enforcement or firefighter wife material. Of course, God knew that! I love my life. I'm blessed. I'm comfortable.

You know how God uses trials to stretch our faith... You know that if you're not in a trail now, there's one just around the corner. In the economy and sovereignty of God, that's just how it works.

Our son, is 20 years old. He is my first born from a previous relationship in high school. Talk about a story of redemption! God makes all things new. He brings beauty from ashes, its true! I'm planning on sharing those details with you very soon. For now, lets fast forward to 2011.

Our son graduated from high school! More specifically, home school. Awesome! Exciting! New chapter!

College was not something he was even remotely interested in. His dream was to serve in the United States Marine Corps. Well, let me tell you, I couldn't be more proud of him. It takes a very specific calling for this, bravery and strong resolve.

We had several hoops to jump through over the past two years. In order to get physically ready, our son lost over 65 pounds! And not only did he lose that weight, he's gained a ton of muscle. I'm not kidding, this kid is strong. Although, homeschoolers are afforded the same criteria as public school to serve In the military, we hit a few bumps along the way. After meeting those there came, physical, written, and medical tests. Once he passed all those requirements, we got the green light.

Right now, we have a ship date (the start of Bootcamp) for October. I'm super excited and I'm nervous. I know my son will do very well. He'll literally be within an hours drive. I'm just not sure what our lives will be like without him. He's personality lights up a room. He's so funny! Even when I try to be upset at him, he makes me laugh. He's just a cool and sweet young man. My husband and I can count on him for whatever our family needs.

With all that said, I hang on to this:

"See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:15

And this:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

I know it will be tough. Many tears will be shed. He will be missed. But I also know, God's promises are true and HE will sustain us. I covet your prayers for my family!

~Very soon Military Mom to be ❤


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. he's an amazing MAN (what happened to that little boy)? You guys raised a great guy:)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images